Yummy condiments can make a meal, and Crabtree & Evelyn have come up trumps with their new additions to the fine foods range.
The newbies include English Mustard with Honey – a great way to perk up sweet potato mash or for adding a kick to your salad dressings.
I’m also very excited about the English Apple Chutney. It will make cheese and pickle sandwiches much more exciting and will be a delicious addition to one of my best-loved British dishes – the humble Ploughman’s Lunch.
There’s something very wholesome about a Ploughman’s – it’s easy to whip up and good to share with friends. Here’s my perfect Ploughman Lunch…
- Generous hunks of Cheddar cheese, Stilton and Cornish Yarg
- One Pink Lady apple
- A pickled egg or two
- Three celery sticks
- Some giant pickled onions
- A doorstep slice of fresh warm crusty fresh bread spread with Yeo Valley salted organic butter.
- Lashings of English Apple Chutney
- Chased with a half pint of Thatcher’s pink Katy cider…
Think you know some good twists or improvements on a Ploughman’s? Share your tips with us!
There are also plenty of lovely new gift sets in the fine food range. My ultimate favourite has to be the Kensington Hamper. Oh, all this talk of food is making me hungry – time for a cuppa and a biscuit!