“Did you get my text? Did you get my missed calls? Why haven’t you called back?” crackled the voice of my best friend Jenny through my iPhone speaker.
There wasn’t a medical emergency, aliens haven’t landed, and she hadn’t won the lottery. But she had booked us tickets to Wilderness Festival, which is why she was so excited. On hearing the news, I was pretty excited too!
I usually go to Glastonbury Festival, but 2012 is a fallow year – so like thousands of other people, I’m faced with filling the Pilton-shaped void. Being a Somerset girl born and bred, I have a massive affection for Glastonbury Festival and I’ll miss my annual pilgrimage. However, I am looking forward to a new adventure…
Wilderness Festival is in its second year, and is held in beautiful Cornbury Park in Oxfordshire from 10-12 August. The musical line-up doesn’t feature big names like Glastonbury, but I’m looking forward to a more relaxing weekend where I’m not racing from stage to stage.
Things that are appealing about Wilderness Festival:
* The food is said to be tip-top with sit-down banquets and professional chefs including Yotam Ottolenghi. Yep, forget those dodgy festival burger vans.
* There are hot tubs, saunas and a champagne bar. Plus, you can get spa treatments – yay! Festival pampering is always fun.
* You can take boat rides and swim in the lake, and as the festival is in August, the weather might be good. We can but hope.
* If you have little ones, it’s child-friendly with a dedicated kids area with creative workshops.
* The element of surprise! Last year’s Wilderness Festival enjoyed rave reviews, and this year there are bound to be lots of added touches.
While the big event might not be until August, I’m already planning my festival wardrobe and list of beauty supplies in my head. Last year at Glastonbury, Crabtree & Evelyn’s Anti Bacterial Gel Wash proved to be a saviour – so I’ll definitely be stocking up…
If you’re not going to Glastonbury, which festival will you go to instead? Leave a comment to let me know.